Monday, July 21, 2008

Ten (10) turn off messages for dating online?

Ten (10) turn off messages for dating online?


When man messages to a woman on dating site is the same as men talking to women at the bar. Once you said it, it’s who you are even faceless and nameless on the cyber world.

Before I started my own dating site, I participated in a few dating site to check out how things work and many men messages me not knowing or don’t care what they are writing.

Dating online is nearly the same approach as walk to a girl at the bar. Either you’re success with the pick up or flopped!





Below is suggest NOT to do listed (not in priority order).

Turn Off 1
I’m coming to your area, will you come for drinks?
This is ok if it’s not the first message. If this is the first message then it’ real bad because I have no idea who you are and you can be a serial killer for all I know. If this message sent from white man to Asian woman, it’s really ugly because you assume the Asian women must be so crazy about white man already. This is the same as walking in a bar and not even introduce yourself but ask a girl out already!

If you do, women imagine you as a professional pick up girl from the bar and very self-loved.

Turn Off 2
“You’re beautiful will you marry me” or “You sound nice and I really want to get married and I have people who will arrange your visa”. This is sweet but hilarious. Dating online is not amazon.com and woman can’t be order for shipment courier. Of course, there are dating site that provide you with one way choosing bride and that’s always choices.

If you do, you sound like an old fashion guy who’s always the boss not a friend or a lover.

Turn Off 3
“I’m flying to…. Country and hope you can meet me at 3pm at ….. hotel”. He has the courtesy to tell me that I’m 1 of 5 girls he’s meeting for his vacation limit time for quickie wife shopping.

If you do, I‘d imagine you as a “Fast food GUY”.

Turn Off 4
“Too long message”. Surprisingly these sweet guys can really write and they wrote two to three A4 pages of message. Message includes dog, cat, family, kids, and marriage, divorced, work and so on covering from childbirth to present day biography. I never get pass half A4 page reading and gave up.

If you do, then you’re not a listener but a talker and in person, you must talk a lot. Women like men who listen, so don’t so do all the talking. Try to leave some mystery and subject for your next conversation (messages). What’s the hurry?

Turn Off 5
“Too short message”. This is most common so far in dating online. A short message of email me, chat with me, skype me on MSN. This is the same as walk pass a women at the bar and drop her a piece of paper with your phone number. It normally works if a woman does that.

If you do, you should be darn handsome or drop dead “Brad Pitt”.

Turn Off 6
“I’m rich”. There are so many ways to tell women that you’re successful without being so blunt. I couldn’t blame such response, for once I was just curious about type of guy I’m looking for by writing.

I’m looking for a men with REQUIRED “income over 150,000US$”, LOL.
I was wonder will I get any response for being such so rude and it’s not a sugardaddy website, lol.

There are responses;
- Real estate guyI’m a successful man (also attached photo of him and his Mercedez Benz)
- I.T. guyI make more than 150,000US$ and I like a woman who knows what she’s looking for
- Transport and BrokeringI’m secure and have my own business. You sound interesting.
- Artist/Photographer
We have so many things in common but I don’t make that much money

Guess, who I wrote back? LOL.
It’s the brokering and transport guy for he’s humble and he talking to me NOT telling me.

Turn Off 7
Mystery email “write me at MyEmail@!!hot%%^mail&dot*com”

When a man sent message with their email in the first message or write secrete code such as MyEmail@!!hot%%^mail&dot*com

First email communication with MOSS CODE? LOL.
May be it’s a computing binary code?

If he’s not taking time to talk to me, struggle to upgrade (on some site are free anyway), so will he’s be the type who’d take me to pan pizza instead of Italian restaurant?

I wonder what if a woman sent you messages with “write me at MyEmail@!!hot%%^mail&dot*com”... What will you think of her?

Will you think she’s cheap with no style? If so, same apply to you. If you think it’s charming then go ahead save that few bucks.

I disagree with give out my personal email for bad experienced. I’d day you can do that (of course, you can) only when you’re sure about the other person you’re emailing too.

Turn Off 8
Show off too much. Man who achieves a lot can show off more but it’s the way you show it. I mean, a man photo with his fancy car is ok. The things that I found turn off is when a men sent me his photo with giant screen TV!

Why? It’s saying to me that he’s an indoor guy and a couch potato with beer and remote control. If that’s his proud asset then I’m in big trouble, lol.

On the contrary, men showing off their upper torso with no cloth, no furniture is always a turn off. He’s sure an outdoor guy.

Showing off your photos on a travel is always a plus for most women loves to see places and by seeing those photos, they already drift away with going there with you.

Turn Off 9
Rude! Some men start to write sarcastic message when received no reply. This only shows he’s quick tempered and has no patient.

Remember, patient is a real virtue!

Turn Off 10
Too humble! I would suggest do not write to women and put you down on weight, images, look, or height. Women like strong, secure and stable guy and you’re showing the weak side. What if you got message from a women and she said “I’m a bit short and fat but I want to get to know you”. Maybe, she’s not that bad looking, but her attitude is so negative and what an insecure person, right?

These are my personal opinion as a woman who date online and date offline a lot with no bias. Most of my friends are more men than women and I’m writing this article same way, I would suggest my men buddies!

Have fun dating online and remember writing a woman online dating is the same as going to the bar and try to talk to girls face to face. Just because it’s online, what you write still tells a lot about who you are.

No comments: